Sunday, March 8, 2020

PhotoShoot Location


For the location of my photoshoot, I decided to go to Moriakmi Park in Delray, which is a 40 min to 1-hour drive from my place. Getting my friends to get to the place was difficult, I had to pick up and drop off three of my friends who lived in opposite directions, but it was really fun and absolutely worth it. Morikami is an area and museum that is surrounded by Japanese arts and culture. It has beautiful bamboo trees, flowers, and fountains with a vast staircase courtyard. The green was perfect and what I had in mind for a nature background.


Admission to actually enter the museum and gardens was $15, but we didn't really want to spend that much. We decided to tour the perimeters of the park and see where we could take the photos. The outside was already so beautiful, I wonder how the rest of the park looks like, but that would have to be for next time. An interesting part of the day we took photos was that we ended up taking pictures on International Women's Day, which played out perfectly for the theme of my magazine.

Our friend Keith also came along since Kiahni, also one of my models was one of his. We decided we could both help each other by taking photos, and he is very skilled at it. Together he and I created the exact positions and different ideas for photos, and he was the one who primarily took the actual photos. I also ended up becoming one of his models for his cover page, which I am very excited to see. 
Another slight annoying but hilarious situation was the weather/wind. I was worried the photos wouldn't have turned out good because it was gloomy and it ended up raining a little before we left. The wind kept messing up my hijab and was "flying away" which was funny, and the girls' hairs kept getting in the way. Despite those circumstances, the pictures turned out better than I expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment