Thursday, March 26, 2020

Creating My Double Page Spread

Creating my double page spread was probably the hardest part for me. I wanted to create something simple but not plain, something with little splashes of color here and there. Starting out with two blank pages made it very difficult for me to come up with any layout designs, so I decided to first start on placing the picture(s). I already made up my mind that the pictures would take up a whole page, and I chose the left side because, in the table of contents, the dominant picture was on the right side.
























I wanted to incorporate the transparent box, as I did in the table of contents, but I made this one have a slight hue of pink. I think this color compliments both mine and my sister's outfits. I tried messing around with the page to try and add another picture. I tried formatting the two pictures in different sizes and places on the page, but it ended up looking too cluttered. I also wanted to maximize the prominence of the quotes by creating their own spaces, but I could not fit one with both pictures.


I then started working on the right page of the spread. I wanted to implement color in a way that is not too overwhelming, so I started off with a colored box where the title would be placed. I then created two columns (I think you would call it?), so I know where the article will be placed.

I made my sister describe her experiences and used one of her quotes, and one of mine to implement both parts of the article. I used the quotes that stood out to me and placed it in the bottom third of the page. I then played around with the size and fonts of the title, eventually using Didot, as it gives an elegant look. I wanted to somehow incorporate our names somewhere on the page, besides in the text. Putting in around the pictures just made it look like another quote when I wanted our names to stand out. I shifted the two columns of text down and put out names bordering the colored box. I put a font that contrasted the "boxed" look of the Didot font, which added some element and made it have a dainty look. Even so, I thought the page looked too plain, so I created a box with a faint color and placed it on the text in a way that didn't make it look too distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment