Saturday, March 21, 2020

Creating My T.O.C

I followed the original layout for my table of contents, shown in an earlier post. I loved the modern and simple look that incorporated different boxed dimensions and the common design of placing lines. I used my friend Jazlyn as the table of contents photo. I originally did want to use one of the group photos, since we did many poses and they turned out beautifully.



As you can see, the group picture has a horizontal layout. I don't think this fits with the way the layout is set, it just looks like it doesn't belong.



Replacing the picture with my friend looked a lot better, and I also added a transparent background, as I followed the layout. I made it big enough to fit the imaginary borders of the "FEMENÍ" and the end of the right side of the page. I also placed it in the middle, with a slight placement of thirds, as I really like the look of the (slight) uneven spacing.                       

I changed the color of the solid box because I felt like I was already using similar colors of pink/coral. This is a more light, cool-toned pink/almost magenta. I think this fits the green in the picture, as it reminds me of a light purple lily flower.

I tried to incorporate more of the photos into the right side of the page. I personally don't think that it fits well, especially with the title in the left side of that page. I think that with two pictures, it still looked empty but with three it looked too cluttered. I think that one main picture will fill up the page with an amount of space that looks right.

Fitting the features was probably the most difficult part of setting up. I had to rearrange the order of the features many times since they all occupy different numbers of lines. I also had to change the spacing of the page numbers multiple times to correspond to the feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment