Friday, March 13, 2020

Coming up with Cover lines/T.O.C Features

Cover Lines

I wanted to take my time and really put effort into creating my cover lines and features, as it is very important for the message of female empowerment and diversity. I want a mix of serious issues and somewhat light topics that all women can relate to. I first started with the cover lines, since these are going to be a part of the table of contents features anyway. I got help from my mom, as she has a love for journalism and writing. She helped me come up with ideas that speak to women from different backgrounds.
For the first main cover line, it deals with the cover picture so I wanted to include the different lives these women might live and lead. I wanted to uncover hidden truths without giving away its entity, that's why I decided not to use "Compelling pieces". For the second one, a lot of my Latino/Hispanic friends use this phrase, and I also have heard it frequently used in the show "Jane the Virgin". I love how perfect this show uses this phrase since the show is based around a matriarchal family. I wanted the sub line to emphasize unwinding using healthy ways. For the third cover line, I noticed that it is very difficult for women to find specific vivid colors to change up their makeup but suits their skin color at the same time. I think that this can literally change and increase your self-esteem and make you "Full of Life".


T.O.C Features

These features will be broad in terms of seriousness, but all of them comply with the relation to women. I wanted different types of articles that range from personal experiences to tips and advice for specific scenarios. 


I wanted to incorporate different languages and their phrases, such as Spanish. My friend/model Kiahni is of Puerto Rican descent so I wanted to incorporate her heritage somewhere. So that I don't make a mistake, I asked her how I should word it grammatically and what she would like if I were to write a feature on her.
As for the rest of the features, I wanted to include all of my models at least once and something that could contribute to their story. I included a couple of fashion tips, relaxation advice, and even parenting advice for women who are mothers. I hope these properly reflect the different topics that address women every day and possible struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment