Friday, March 20, 2020

Editing Photos

This is where I go in detail about how and where I edited my photos. I edited most of the photos from the photoshoot on Word, with the software's photo editing tools already listed in the menu bar. I have used it to edit many photos in years past, and it is simple to use.

For my feature page, I used a photo of me and my sister. I really liked the look of a transparent background boxed under the main photo. I did this with my picture and in InDesign, I blew up the transparent picture. I then cropped the opaque original picture and placed it on top of the transparent one in a way to create an even space between the two.


For the picture of Jazlyn for my table of contents, it took slightly longer to edit. The original photo had a really broad glare and washed out her features. I know Word has different settings to edit the brightness and contrast. I lowered the brightness 40% and brightened it to 20%. I felt like after I cropped the picture, you would be able to concentrate on her face. 


I didn't really edit the cover photo, I just cropped it so it can be focused more on the girls. I tried to make the background more blurry to put more focus on the girls, but it was literally doing nothing. Either I suck at PhotoShop or it just doesn't like me. Even though I failed at PhotoShop, the picture was beautiful and I don't think it needs further editing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment