Friday, February 14, 2020

Masthead

For my masthead, I ended up choosing 'Femení' instead of 'Femelle'. I thought that 'Femelle' would fill up too much of the space and I really think that the accent mark on 'Femení' gives the name some character. In notorious magazines like VOGUE and ELLE, they commonly used the fonts 'Didot' and 'Bodoni'. I think it displays a formal but minimalist look that doesn't crowd the cover page.

  
(top to bottom: Bodoni - Didot)

I want to stay within the trends of mastheads in terms of a simple and/or serif font. I am leaning towards Didot because it is thinner compared to Bodoni and I feel like that would reflect the aesthetic of my blog fitter. Usually, the mastheads in other magazines tend to be primarily red but can be other girls depending on the elements and theme on the page.


 
(Onyx)

For this font, I prefer when it is spaced out; I simply put a space between each letter to create a cleaner look. I think the thicker lines make it stand out from the top two fonts, and it is pulled more vertically and is more narrow. The accent marker is shaped like a triangle that matches this font better. 
(Ultra Condensed Sans Serif)

I would say this font is more modern and goes in style with the new "aesthetic". The elongated letters display a dainty look but the block letters keep it within the modern look. I think that this looks best in color, I will not be choosing a specific color or even black until I take cover photos and create a set color scheme, but I do think a solid color wouldn't stray too much attention from the cover contents. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment