Friday, February 14, 2020

Models

Cover Models


In usual female empowerment magazines, it is conventional to have one model that represents the magazine, so the person chosen would most likely have recognition. I think this is common in magazines that have to do with that specific person in a double-page spread, or many pages, that successfully creates a main issue or theme within the magazine. 

 

For my magazine, although not as common, I wanted to do a group picture for my cover page. Many magazines such as VOGUE, VANITY FAIR, and GLAMOUR use group pictures on occasion and I think it reads a better message of unity. I wanted to stray away from the usual one model cover page and do a group of women of a different color, which I think will successfully relay the message of female empowerment and diversity. 
Instagram account: @indoanisa

Inside models:

From what I've seen in double-page spreads, there is a mix of portrait and fashion/style models. I want to incorporate both types of model shoots for my spread. In general, I want my models to be diverse women in the age range between 16-21 years of age. I won't have auditions to recruit models since I already know people who have some experience in photography and modeling. A lot of my female friends are women of color which is perfect for my theme and I'm really excited for them to display their personality. I am going for a modern look with exceptions of some grunge, boho, and maybe an elegant look; my friend Alejandro advised I use a range of looks to incorporate the diversity aspect of the magazine. 


Image links:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefashionspot.com%2Fbuzz-news%2Fforum-buzz%2F733069-alicia-keys-us-glamour-march-2017%2F&psig=AOvVaw3j_8hIlqO6nEuv822bUigb&ust=1581820165038000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJju9brB0ucCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Flifeandstyle%2F2018%2Fapr%2F03%2Fhalima-aden-why-a-model-wearing-a-hijab-on-the-cover-of-vogue-matters&psig=AOvVaw2C6arEaAeMgEUvHoCmLknw&ust=1581820195441000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPjFs9HB0ucCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD


No comments:

Post a Comment